So, I have some updates on the welcoming tea from Mrs. Thompson. As some of you know, Mrs. Ippolito is heading the welcoming tea this time around and there's a few things she needs our help with.
First off, she is going to need representatives from each clinical group (i.e. Lodi Memorial). By having representatives at each table, the new nursing students will be able to ask any questions that are aimed to your previous clinical site. I know for sure I will be representing Doctor's Hospital of Manteca, but I need 7 more people to join. If I can't get a representative from each clinical group, I would need at least one of us to be at the table just for any questions or concerns.
Furthermore, Mrs. Ippolito will need help setting up for the Welcoming Tea, which will be the same format as our Welcoming Tea in January.
In addition, Mrs. Ippolito is suggesting if we can give a SHORT tour for the new students, such as showing them the skills lab and where the Nursing Success Center is. The reason behind the SHORT is because it's actually the first day of school and Nursing 3 will be starting at 3PM that same day of the Welcoming Tea.
Finally, she'll be needing only 1-2 speakers to give advice to the new students. Just tell the new students what you wish someone would have told you when we were first semester nursing students. The speech should be only 5 minutes long per speaker or 10 minutes if we only have one speaker.
So, what are the requirements to participate in the Welcoming Tea?
The only requirement is all second semester students who are participating must dress in your nursing uniform! It's an absolute must! Because it's going to be in August, I don't think it's going to be a problem if you don't wear your lab jacket, but at least have a nursing patch on your scrubs. So, it should be your ciel blue scrubs, white shoes, and lab jacket.
When is the Welcoming Tea?
It will be on August 17 at 1PM in Upper Danner, which is the same place we had our Welcoming Tea.
Please respond to this blog if you want to participate or e-mail me at hawaiianpnai1189@sbcglobal.net. I'll hopefully have more information on what time we should be there for the set up and everything else as the Welcoming Tea gets closer.
---EDIT---
I had forgotten to mention that there will be no slide shows AND raffles this time around for the welcoming tea.
Also, my name is Erissa (if you guys didn't know; Tracy brought it up in her e-mail :] Thank you Tracy) from Doctor's Hospital.

No comments:
Post a Comment