Saturday, July 24, 2010

Weekly NCLEX type question 7-24-10

Hey Guys. One more semester left! I thought it would be a good idea to start posting weekly NCLEX type questions to help us get ready for the real thing. Let me know what you think. You can post comments to any of our posts by using a gmail login. (don't have one, go to gmail.com and set up an account..quick and free!)

A woman who is at 14 weeks' gestation asks the nurse, "Do you recommend that I go to childbirth classes?" The nurse should respond that the primary goal of childbirth education classes is to:

1. eliminate fear
2. reduce anxiety
3. minimize pain
4. shorten labor

2 comments:

  1. answer: 2
    Preparation for childbirth provides the means to cope effectively with the stress brought about by the last weeks of pregnancy, the birth of the baby, and the early postpartum period. Accurate information reduces anxieties and fears that accentuate pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea David! I think it's a great idea, since I got both answers right. So far, that is.. I was beginning to think I was the only one who ever looks at this, aside from AJ.

    ReplyDelete