Hello all,
I am sending this email out to give you an idea of the plan for Nursing 8.
For the first week, we will meet on campus for orientation. the schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, October 19, 2010 0730-1500. Please wear your uniform. We will meet in Locke 229 for skills lab, then we will visit the hospitals for orientation.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 0730-1500. We will meet in Locke 118 for skills lab. You do not need to wear your uniforms.
PLEASE BRING YOUR CLINICAL REQUIREMENTS TO THE CLASS ON TUESDAY (Malpractice, TB, immunization records, drug screen if needed, CPR card-all up to date).
Also, you will want to download the Instructional Manual for Nursing 8 that is located on my Docushare page. Don't print until the week before as I may make some changes and/or additions. I will send an email when it is ready. I will put the reading/exam schedule on Docushare before we begin as well. Please note: if you already have the text from Nursing 6 (London, et al.), you do not need to purchase the new text that is co-listed for the current N6 /N8 course. I will include a reading guide for both on Docushare, but do not spend the extra money if you still have the old text.
Thursdays, we will meet in Locke 118, and I will have the Study Guide and powerpoints available for you to download on Docushare. Again, you may want to wait, as I am revising them both as I go along.
Finally, because of the holidays, and some special events, we will have a little creative scheduling this rotation. I will send each individual clinical group a separate email regarding the clinical schedule.
Please feel free to email me if you have questions.
Thanks and see you soon, Mary Neville
PS: Please let your fellow students who are not good at reading Student Email know about the important news.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment